Monday 5 May 2014

The Shoulder wound of Christ

Dear friends and readers,
Before I wrote my last blog here a few days ago, I was shown the strong muscular shoulder of Jesus. Thus the mention of it in the second sentence of that blog. But today I feel that the Lord is trying to tell me or teach me something more. It has happened like this in the past. One thing that leads to another and slowly the entire picture of what God wants to teach or reveal becomes clear.
This is what happened today. I opened facebook as I usually do and immediately came across a post shared by a friend that can be found here. I went on to click the link and read it. What caught my attention most was not that Padre Pio revealed this particular stigmata to Karol Wojtyla, but, more importantly that he had had a shoulder wound at all! We have all heard of stigmata appearing on the hands, feet and even side - but never of the shoulder!
This led me to think that if Padre Pio had been given the wound on his shoulder then surely Christ too must have had it but in my entire lifetime of reading I have never ever heard even a mention of it. What puzzled me more was it was just a few of days ago that the Lord gave me a vision of his shoulder, which I thought was unusual in itself. It was a view from the back - of a strong muscular left shoulder. Now I don't know if anybody would carry a cross on the left shoulder or even if Christ did we would not know.

So, this is what I did a few minutes ago--I typed 'shoulder wound of Christ' into Google and learnt something new.  Apparently St. Bernard, a twelfth century monk of the Cistercian order, related  a conversation he’d had with Our Lord.  He had prayed, asking Jesus which was His greatest unrecorded suffering and the Lord answered him saying:
“I had on My Shoulder while I bore My Cross on the Way of Sorrows, a grievous Wound which was more painful than the others, and which is not recorded by men.  Honor this Wound with thy devotion, and I will grant thee whatsoever thou dost ask through its virtue and merit.  And in regard to all those who shall venerate this Wound, I will remit to them all their venial sins, and will no longer remember their mortal sins.”
Why is it that my Lord is drawing my attention to His shoulder I wonder? Time will tell. Meanwhile I request that you will all keep praying for me.

In love of Christ
Jacqueline 

No comments: